Attractions in Columbus, MS
Are you looking for a fun activity or place to visit when you are in Columbus, MS? The Jackie O’ House is located two miles from historic downtown Columbus. Although The Jackie O’ is quaintly tucked away at the end of 9th Street South on four acres, our guests will never be too far removed from the attractions of the area. The most popular attractions in Columbus, MS include:
- Colonnade Garden: This garden features classical elements like a maze and formal fountains. Tourists feel like they are transported back to the 1860s as they walk through the garden.
- Columbus Air Force Base: Civilians can take advantage of tours offered at this base and learn about the past and current trends in aviation.
- Columbus Convention and Visitors Bureau: This is a great place for tourists to start. You can visit their bureau to find out about any fun events going on around town.
- Columbus Riverwalk and Trail: This trail along the river is a perfect outdoor attraction for biking or walking. The route is just over two miles long and includes tables and pavilions.
- Columbus Speedway This red clay track holds weekly racing events that are fun for the whole family.
- Farmer’s Market: This seasonal market is open three days a week and features local produce, crafts, and more.
- Friendship Cemetery: When you are in town during the right time of year, visit the cemetery and take a ghost tour featuring local legends from the area.
- Mississippi State: This is the largest University in Mississippi and is a popular attraction for alumni, potential students, and visitors to the area. This school has an extensive history and is beautiful for a quick visit.
- Mississippi University for Women: This co-ed university was established in 1884. Its beautiful grounds draw people to the area.
- Rosenzweit Arts Center: Sponsored by Columbus Arts Council, see area and local artisans work, opened daily.
- Tennessee Williams Welcome Center: Right on Main Street, this interesting home belonged to Tennessee Williams and the tour includes information about the life and career of the man that wrote “A Streetcar Named Desire”.
Receive Recommendations from the Locals
If you are looking for a recommendation, you can always consult with one of our friendly staff willing to give you any advice for your day. From restaurant ideas to historical sites, we are familiar with the secrets spots that only locals know about.
Contact us today to learn more about the attractions located within a few miles of our bed and breakfast. We are located near Downtown Columbus in MS.